So, you’re interested in becoming a Pilates Instructor?
Here’s what you need to know!
It is important to ask as many questions as you can and talk to both the trainer you will be working with as well as previous graduates of the certification program you are researching.
So there are basically two types of Pilates Certification Programs out there-
ACCREDITED PROGRAMS that offer Courses that are recognised by the Australian Government, by Professional Associations and by Insurers.
NON-ACCREDITED PROGRAMS that offer Courses that are not necessarily recognised by the Government, by Professional Associations or by Insurers.
So which one you choose is ultimately up to you, but if you want to actually use your Certification then it is worth considering going with an Accredited Program.
The health and wellbeing industry is constantly growing and knowledgeable, well-qualified professionals are in high demand. Our goal at Tensegrity Training is to help develop well-qualified instructors so that more people will have the opportunity to gain from the life-changing mental and physical benefits that the Pilates Instructor can offer. Developing comprehensively trained instructors that are committed to sharing this body of work will keep the Pilates Method at the top of the list of wonderful things to do for the improvement of personal health and wellness.
Tensegrity Training is an innovative Training Organisation committed to multidisciplinary teaching approaches, resulting in the exceptional communication of knowledge and skills. Our training staff set meticulous standards in the achievement of teaching excellence. And, our programs provide a sound, up-to-date knowledge base integrated with excellence in clinical practice. The guiding principles for teaching, learning and assessment include educationally and clinically rigorous and relevant content and lifelong learning skills.
Our Pilates instructor courses are:
- Nationally recognised by ASQA
- Also recognised by Australia’s 2 professional Pilates Associations
- Comprehensive and informative
- Designed to equip students with the skills to work in a variety of setting from rehabilitation to fitness with a range of populations
10 great reasons to consider becoming a Pilates Instructor
- Rewarding and fun service career
- High demand for qualified teachers in a growing industry
- Challenge your limits for personal growth and development
- It’s never boring! The more you know, the more you realise there is to know
- Build long-term relationships with clients
- Appreciation for the human body and how it works
- Develop communication skills
- Become involved in the health, fitness and wellbeing industry
- Improve your own physical and mental wellbeing
- Get to know your own body so you can make the most of it
And there’s more…
- Tensegrity Training programs build confidence in knowledge and teaching skills. Many of the other programs out there simply focus on teaching students to memorize exercises.
- Students learn and develop effective teaching techniques, observation, spotting, and cueing skills
- You learn how to improve posture, hip and shoulder bio-mechanics, gait, appropriate muscle firing patterns, core concepts, fundamental principles, preparatory exercises for improved body alignment, ways to modify exercises, and tools for appropriately challenging more advanced or special clients
- Allied Health Practitioner lectures/workshops for a better understanding of medical issues related to health & exercise
- A Rehabilitation focus that addresses topics relating to injuries, chronic conditions, and post-rehabilitation Pilates
- Somatic Education component that facilitates greater mind-body integration and provides a method for somatically changing our bodies
- Upon successful completion of Pilates Matwork Instruction, Certificate IV in Contemporary Pilates & Teaching Methodology and Diploma of Pilates & Teaching, graduates will be eligible to apply for membership to the Australian Pilates Method Association and Pilates Alliance Australia.
Our Short Courses and Qualifications have been written to make you an outstanding TEACHER as well as giving you lots of repertoire.