Meet the Trainer Sunshine Coast, Brisbane and Regional QLD
Tracey Nicholson is a Pilates practitioner with extensive experience in education and rehabilitation who has owned and directed her own Pilates studios for 17 years. With a strong background in adult education, a Cert IV in Training and Assessment, a Bachelors Degree in Education, a Graduate Certificate in Pilates Based Rehabilitation and a Diploma in Contemporary Pilates Teaching Methodology, she brings a wealth of knowledge to each of her trainings.
More recently, she co-authored Australia’s first accredited Pilates courses and became the executive director of Tensegrity Training. She has presented at conferences in Australia, the United States and Israel and she currently delivers training in Pilates and Somatic Movement Therapy. Together with her national role as educator, Tracey operates a Movement Therapy centre on the Sunshine Coast of Queensland – Tensegrity Studio, which uses aspects of the Pilates Method, Garuda, Somatics, Developmental Movement and Laban Movement Analysis with clients of all ages.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Education
- Graduate Certificate Pilates Based Rehabilitation
- Diploma Contemporary Pilates and Teaching Methodology (52625WA)
- Diploma Dance Movement Therapy
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116)
- Graduate Certificate Movement Based Somatic Therapy (69781)
- Garuda Barre
- Professional Member - Dance Movement Therapy Association of Australasia
- Principal Trainer - Pilates Alliance Australasia
- Level 4 Professional Practitioner - Australian Pilates Method Association