Short Course Matwork Repertoire and Teaching Didactics
This course will add huge variety to your exercise classes. The course covers 31 Pre-Pilates exercises and 27 Traditional Pilates Matwork exercises, ranging from easy rehab-based repertoire to some very challenging advanced exercises to really extend your clients. Compliment your classes, help increase your client retention and receive more referrals! The Pre-Pilates and Traditional Matwork Pilates exercises are also perfect for home exercise prescription and maintenance programming for rehabilitation clients. Become a Pilates enthusiast today!
|Who should attend this course?||Pilates Instructors and Allied Health professionals who want to work with clients on a range of floor-based exercises|
|Prerequisites:||There are no prerequisites for this introductory program|
|Pre-course Study:||2 hours|
|How long is the course?||2 days|
|Course Materials:||Short Course Manuals:
|Can I count the course towards my Diploma?||Yes|
|Do I get a government accredited outcome?||Optional assessment for the nationally accredited units of competency ARTMAT 402 Teach Pilates essentials, ARTMAT 406 Teach Pilates flow, ARTMAT 405 Active Dynamic Pelvic Floor Training is included. Students will complete the two days of learning Matwork Repertoire and Teaching Didactics content and after attending the course practical component students will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance for professional development purposes. Students may work towards obtaining the government accredited units of competency ARTMAT 402, ARTMAT 406 and ARTMAT 405 by completing all associated assessment tasks.
Course cost includes free assessment process valued at $450
|Availability?||Course Dates and Times|
Why this course?
- Easily integrate Pre-Pilates and Traditional Pilates Matwork exercises into your normal sessions with clients
- Adds variety and challenge into your sessions
- Suitable for clients at all levels, from rehabilitation to elite athletes
- Using these exercises provides:
- A more ‘all over’ body workout
- Increased balance and coordination, especially with your elderly clients
- Increased muscle tone
- Individualised exercises for each client
- Developmentally staged approach to rehabilitation
- Ideal exercises for your rehabilitation clients home programs
Additional Assessment requirements:
- Developing a session plan based on the Tensegrity 8 Part SystemTM and delivery of the session plan to client(s) in your workplace, working with the Barrels repertoire
- Knowledge Assessment of the Barrels repertoire
- Practical Assessment of The Barrels repertoire during the Barrels workshop
This short course is also recognised by ESSA and attracts 8 CPD points.