Short Course Pregnancy in Motion
Would you like to feel more confident in working with Pregnant clients and offering them guidance in programming throughout each trimester of their Pregnancy?
This course will deliver in depth information about the anatomy of the Pelvic Floor, Pelvic floor activation and extensive mat based exercises that are beneficial during Pregnancy and post partum.
This professional development short course will progress the knowledge and skills of movement and exercise practitioners through the study of physical, psychological and hormonal changes that occur during Pregnancy and directly after delivery.
Knowledge and skills gained from this course will help build your practitioner expertise and increase client retention.
You will learn how to take clients through exercises with a range of teaching cues and tools. There will be focus on exercises for clients that can be performed at home and in the exercise studio.
The Tensegrity Training ‘Pregnancy in Motion’ short course will enhance your knowledge and skills when working with pre and postnatal clients. This course covers specific pregnancy programming and common issues to give you confidence when instructing your pre and postnatal clients. The course is delivered over ½ day and includes extensive repertoire suitable for both pre and postnatal clients; and specific skills for teaching activation of Pelvic Floor muscles. A pre-requisite for this short course is a basic knowledge of the anatomy of Pelvic Floor.
|Who should attend this course?||Exercise Physiologists, Physiotherapist, Pilates instructors and other Allied Health professionals who want to work more effectively with their pre and postnatal clients|
|Prerequisites:||Studies in Pilates, Massage, Exercise Science, Physiotherapy or other Allied Health Professions|
|Pre-course Study:||2 hours|
|How long is the course?||1/2 day|
Short Course Manual:
|Can I count the course towards my Diploma?||Yes|
|Do I get a government accredited outcome?||
Optional assessment for the nationally accredited unit of competency PILEQU502 Teach Pregnancy in Motion repertoire is included. Students will complete the half day of learning Pregnancy in Motion content and after attending the course practical component students will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance for professional development purposes. Students may work towards obtaining the government accredited unit of competency PILEQU502 by completing all associated assessment tasks.
Course cost includes free assessment process valued at $150
|Availability?||Course Dates and Times|
Why this course?
- Enables you to teach pre and post-natal clients with greater confidence
- Understand appropriate exercises and how to instruct pregnant clients at different stages of their pregnancy and post partum, using a broad range of appropriate repertoire
- Learn about injuries or problems which may arise during and after pregnancy and determine suitable body positions and safe exercise prescription
- Understand the guidelines associated with delivering Pilates for pregnant clients
- Understand how to modify exercises to meet the clients’ needs – their trimester stage and post natal options
- Learn a range of exercises to use relating to your clients’ pre or postnatal status, level of fitness and individual needs – including exercises for Matwork, Small Apparatus, Reformer, Cadillac and Wunda Chair
- Learn to ensure pregnant women are comfortable in your classes
- Learn postnatal conditions and how to mange them
- Learn how to identify and correct poor technique in your clients
- A variety of modifications for exercises at varying stages of pregnancy will be discussed
- Identify the characteristics of active dynamic pelvic floor training
- Execute a variety of ways to active pelvic floor dynamically, using imagery to support activation
- Obtain a nationally recognised statement of attainment
Additional Assessment requirements:
- The additional assessment activities required for the unit of competency PILEQU502 Teach pregnancy in motion repertoire involve:
- Developing & teaching a session based on the Tensegrity Training 8 Part SystemTM to client(s), covering the ‘Pregnancy in Motion’ repertoire
- Knowledge Assessment for ‘Pregnancy in Motion’
- Practical Assessment of ‘Pregnancy in Motion’ repertoire during the Pregnancy in Motion workshop
This short course is recognised by PAA and attracts 4 PDP points.
This short course is also recognised by ESSA and attracts 4 CPD points.