Teach Pilates Reformer-Short Course
Exclusively at South Pacific
The Reformer Short Courses taking place exclusively at South Pacific Health Clubs are delivered over three fortnightly Saturdays or Sundays held at the Platinum Camberwell Club. You will be trained on state-of-the-art Pilates Reformers, and earn 14 CPD points with ESSA and also CEC points with Fitness Australia.
What will you leave the course with?
An extensive repertoire of Reformer Essentials as well as Intermediate & Advanced exercises, basic rehabilitation principles, and the teaching skills to deliver classes competently in a Group Reformer setting.
|Who should attend this course?||Exercise Physiologists, Physiotherapists, Pilates Matwork instructors and other Allied Health professionals providing rehabilitation and who want to work more effectively with their clients|
|Prerequisites:||Studies Allied Health or Pilates Matwork|
|Pre-course Study:||5 hours|
|How long is the course?||Three fortnightly 5-hour blocks on either Saturday or Sunday|
|Course Materials:||Short Course Manuals:|
|Can I count the course towards my Diploma?||Yes|
|What are the Assessment Requirments?||Optional assessment for the nationally accredited unit of competency PILEQU501 Teach Reformer repertoire is available in this course. Students completing the course will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance for both Reformer Essentials and Reformer Intermediate/Advanced for professional development purposes and may work towards completing the government accredited unit of competency PILEQU501 Teach Reformer repertoire by completing the Reformer Essentials and the Reformer Intermediate/Advanced Assessments.|
This course is worth 14 ESSA CPD points.
|Availability?||Course Dates and Times|
Why this course?
- Enables you to teach Reformer Essentials repertoire
- Assist your clients to achieve better results with the assistance of spring loading
- You learn a range of Reformer exercises and how to teach to your clients addressing individual needs
- Enhances your career and professional standing
- You learn how to modify reformer exercises for varying levels of fitness, ability and injury status
- This course is practical and hands on – you get to experience the exercises and feel them in your body
- You will practise teaching other students those same exercises
- Learn how to identify and correct poor technique in your clients
This qualification is also recognised by ESSA and attracts 14 CPD points.