Somatics and Movement Therapy Fundamentals
This weekend course is the combination of introductory topics and is the first Module of our Advanced Clinical Training in Somatics and Dance-Movement Therapy program.
Students must complete Module 1 to be eligible for entry to any of the other modules.
In this course, you will be introduced to the role of the moving body in the healing arts and how movement patterns impact on individuals’ physical, psychological and emotional patterning as well as how to use the framework of Laban Movement Analysis (LMA).
For more detailed descriptions see individual short course pages.
During the weekend workshop you will be participating in expressive movement experientials and in order to complete all requirements of the course students must complete additional Assessment Tasks and attend scheduled Online Learning Tutorials
Course Cost: $1 650*
Payment due upon enrolment:
- $660 – Deposit and Learner Materials Fee
*At the point of submitting your enrolment you will be required to pay an additional non- refundable $50 enrolment fee.
*Remaining course tuition fee will be invoiced by your Course Provider and payable 2 weeks prior to course delivery
|Who should attend this course?||Anyone interested in learning methodologies and philosophies that guide you in the incorporation of movement as the basis of your work with clients and who may continue onto our comprehensive training program|
|Prerequisites:||Studies in Allied Health Professions and prior experience in movement or exercise|
|Pre-course Study:||2 ½ hours|
|Course Duration:||2 ½ days|
|Course Materials:||Short Course Manuals – Introduction to Somatics & Dance-Movement Therapy/ Introduction to Laban Movement Analysis and all associated Assessment Task Workbooks|
|Assessment||Additional assessment activities and attendance at online student tutorials apply|
|Availability?||Course Dates and Times|
Why This Course/Learning Outcomes?
- Introduces you to the fundamentals of Somatic Movement Therapy
- You learn simple applications based on our comprehensive framework which can be studied more deeply in our full training program
- The workshop component of the course is practical– you get to experience the work and in your own body
- You will gain understanding of possible applications, in individual/group Somatics and Dance-Movement Therapy
- Develop understanding of various approaches to movement observation & analysis
- You will be able to identify your own movement preferences, held patterns, restrictions using these approaches to better serve clients’ needs
- Assist your clients to understand themselves and what motivates their movement preferences